In Turkey you will find ssooo many.... I mean MANY! kind of kebab varieties. The list would be very long if I mention one by one. But what I will share today is one kind from those many.
The spice using for this sish kebab is commonly use for any kind sish kebab that usually sold at kebab lokanta (restorant) here.
This sish chicken kebab is one of my husband repeatable menu, especially at weekend or for our summer bbq picnic together with other kind our fave kebab like çiğer kebabı or even köfte.
If you are looking for best and authentic Turkish sish kebab, you are in the right page. You can use the mariande spices for any meat your prefer e.g hindi (turkey), kuzu (lamb), sakatatlar (offal) and beef.
- ±600 gr boneless chicken thigh / breast, cut into small bite size
- ±100 gr chicken fat/ skin, cut into small bite size
- 1 tsp salt or to taste
- 2 Tbsp Turkish spice mix /Baharat mix see here for recipe (*)
- ±2 tbsp olive oil
- some sish/ skewers
(*) you can replace the baharat mix with:
- 1½ tbsp sweet smoke paprika
- 1 tsp Urfa biber/ Isot biber or to taste (you can use red pepper flake)
- ½ tsp black pepper powder
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- generous pinch of dried thyme and more for serving
In medium bowl, mix all spices and olive oil. Add in chicken and fat, mix thoroughly until all meat/ fat covered by spices. Cover with plastic wrap and let it sit at refrigerator at least 2 hours.
Arrange chicken meat on skewer alternately with the fat. Grill over prepared charcoal until done. You can use your grilling pan.
Serve immediately with salad, lavash flat bread/ pita bread and ayran.
- 1 big Red onion, halved and thinly sliced
- some stalks of parsley, roughly cut
- red cabbage, finely sliced
- cherry tomatoes
- ±2 tsp sumac or to taste
- pinch of urfa biber
- pinch of salt
- olive oil
- lemon juice
Check my other yummy recipe:
|Domates Fesleğen Soslu İçli Köfte|