♥♥ When two Cultures mixed (。◕‿◕。) Everything in my Page are only simple thing, but I did it with great love.

Mie siram capcay / Indonsian style noodle topped with vegetables


Selam everybody...Merhaba from Turkey..

If you far away from homeland..and you are in a place which has totally different culture (read; in cuisine) from yours.. believe me, your longing is worst than broken heart πŸ˜„
 hahahha.. I just exaggerate it.
But honestly I'am talking real story here. Especially anything you need to make your own homeland food isn't available locally or it's very difficult to find. I remember earlier years I'd staying here, it was around 2008 or 2009, even egg noodle was very difficult to find. I must went to big chain supermarket (where far away from my house), then sometimes I got painfully heat broken cause couldn't find it there. 

When I got lucky, my husband surprisingly brought it for me from another big supermarket near his office. To buy soy sauce, we must buy it online which sometimes also no stock.... Yes...that was my earlier year living in Turkey. Maybe local people are't familiar to Asian culinary.

Mie siram capcay / Indonsian style noodle topped with vegetables. #indonesiacuisine #capcay #ifumie #asianfood #indonesian #seafood #chicken #stirfry

That's why I start to make some homemade thing start from egg noodle, tofu, tempeh, even I sprout my own bean sprout..  So true that said: lack condition/ limitation drives you to be creative person πŸ˜„

And years gone by.. and I was so happy cause some ingredients I need to make my own style food become easier to find here.. don't know why..maybe Asian foreigners getting more settled here..πŸ˜„  dunno!


Just like egg noodle nowdays I can find it even in small market near my house, saving time and energy for me. But still, for me homemade is still the best.
Anyway... my today post is fulfill my taste of Asian cuisine. This simply fried noodle flush with delicious and crunchy vegetables. I mix it with some shrimp, chicken meat, Indonesian bounchy meatball and sausage. But you can vary those meat or chicken, even you can go abselutely veggie version.

Serve 4~5 sharing
Ingredients for noodle:
  • about 400 gr dried egg noodle, cook as per direction
  • 2 tsp sesame oil
  • 1 tbsp kecap manis/ sweet soy sauce
  • 1 tsp salt or to taste
  • 1 tsp pepper powder
  • 1 tbsp vegetable oil
For vegetables:
  • ± 150 g boneless chicken, cut into bite size
  • ± 100 gr chicken / beef sausage, sliced ​​round
  • Some Indonesian meatballs (bakso) beef / fish, round slices
  • shrimps
  • 1 large onion, finely chopped
  • 3 ~ 4 cloves garlic, crushed and finely chopped
  • 1 stalk green onion, roughly slice
  • pepper powder, salt, sugar to taste
  • 1 ~ 2 tbsp sesame oil
  • ± 1 tbsp oyster sauce
  • Soy sauce to taste
  • ½ medium-size broccoli, cut florets 
  • ½ small-size cauliflower , cut florets
  • 2 medium carrots, sliced ​​round
  • ±½ cup peas
  • ± 600 ml chicken broth/ hot water
  • 3 tsp cornstarch, dilute in small amount of water
  • Enough cooking oil for sauteing

How to cook:
1) For noodle: cook noodle per direction. Then toss with other ingredients and heat on wok over medium heat for few minute just until dry a bit. Set a side

2) For vegetables: Heat oil in a wok, saute onion with garlic until fragrant and wilted. Cook in chicken, shrimp, sausage and meatballs, stir until the chicken and shrimp changes color.

3) Add carrots and stir well. Add chicken broth / hot water. Cover the wok and cook until carrots slightly soft before stir in cauliflower, broccoli and other vegetables. Season with pepper powder, sesame oil, oyster sauce, soy sauce. Check the taste. It should have balance in savory, lightly sweet and you can feel nutty flavor from sesame oil.

4) Cook for few minutes only--I like my vegetable slightly crunchy.

5) Finally stir in cornstarch mixture and continue to cook until it lightly thicken. Turn off the heat.

Plating; arrange noodle on a plate then flush with vegetable dish. Serve while it hot with fried egg and pickle (see how to make pickle below)

Mie siram capcay / Indonsian style noodle topped with vegetables. #indonesiacuisine #capcay #ifumie #asianfood #indonesian #seafood #chicken #stirfry
Ingredients and how to make cucumber carrot pickled:
  • 1 medium carrot, julienne cut
  • 1 big cucumber, cored and julienne cut
  • some shallots, halved
  • birds eye chili pepper, whole
  • 1 tbsp sugar
  • 3/4 tbsp salt
  • ½ tbsp white vinegar
How to:
Mix all ingredients together in medium bowl, toss to combine. Transfer into jar with a lid and store in fridge at last one hour before serving
Mie siram capcay / Indonsian style noodle topped with vegetables. #indonesiacuisine #capcay #ifumie #asianfood #indonesian #seafood #chicken #stirfry


*****************************************************************************





BAHASA INDONESIA

Mie siram capcay

Bahan untuk mie:

🍜 kurleb 400 gr mie basah
🍜 2 sdt minyak wijen
🍜 1 sdm kecap manis
🍜 1 sdt garam atau sesuai selera
🍜 1 sdt merica bubuk
🍜 1 sdm minyak goreng

Untuk capcay:
🍜 ± 150 g ayam, cincang kasar
🍜 ± 100 gr sosis 
🍜 beberapa buah bakso, potong kasar
🍜 udang, siangi bersih
🍜 1 bawang bombay ukuran sedang, iris kasar
🍜 3 ~ 4 bawang putih, geprak dan cincang halus
🍜 merica, garam dan gula sesuai selera
🍜 1 ~ 2 sdm minyak wijen
🍜 ± 1 sdm saus tiram
🍜 ½ bongkol brokoli ukuran sedang, potong kuntum
🍜 ½ bongkol ukuran kecil bunga kol, potong kuntum
🍜 2 wortel ukuran sedang, potong bulat tipis
🍜 kacang polong (opsional)
🍜 ± 600 ml kaldu ayam/ ar panas+perasa ayam
🍜 3 sdt pati jagung, larutkan sedikit air
🍜 minyak goreng untuk menumis

Cara memasak:
1) untuk mie: Campur semua bahan mie dalam mangkok besar lalu aduk-aduk rata. Panaskan wajan dan tumis hingga agak kering. Sisihkan.

2) Capcay: 
Panaskan minyak goreng, lalu tumis bawang bombay dan bwng putih hingga harum. Masukkan potongan ayam, udang, potongan sosis dan bakso. Masak hingga ayam matang.

3) Masukkan wortel lalu tuangi kaldu ayam. Masak beberapa menit sampai wortel agak empuk. Lalu masukkan sayuran yang lain. Bumbuhi dengan garam, gula, merica, saus tiram, minyak wijen, lalu aduk-aduk rata. 
Masak hingga semua sayuran matang, cicipi rasanya. Lalu masukkan larutan pati jagung, aduk-aduk hingga kuah agak mengental. Matikan api.

Cara menghidangkan:
Taruh mie goreng diatas piring lalu siram dengan kuah capcay. Hidangkan selagi panas bersama acar mentimun jika suka.

Selamat mencoba, semoga bermanfaat.



loading...

8 comments:

  1. This look so yummy! I think I could eat a lot of it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your creativity impresses me Citra and this dish looks amazing! It looks like such a comforting meal.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can imagine how hard it must be living far from home and trying to find ingredients you are familiar with. Yes, limitation does drive you to be creative and inventive. These Indonesian noodles look and sound amazing. I've got to try pickling vegetables, I've never done that before.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a delicious looking dish! Love all those veggies!

    ReplyDelete
  5. this looks absolutely amazing! the creativity and comfort in one dish is perfect for the spring weather here in Canada!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love anything that's got noodles in in! Like I could literally eat this for every meal! Yum!

    ReplyDelete

Loving my blog? Please help me to share to your friends and tell to the world that my blog contents are valuable and interesting to visit. Subscribe or follow my Facebook, Tweeter, Pinterest or my instagram

My License

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 United States License. www.myhomediaryinturkey.blogspot.com

Copyright

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected