"Start your day with good breakfast"
Selam everybody... Merhaba from Turkey....
Are you a mom who always wandering around the web or cookbooks looking for rich, quick and healthy breakfast variety everyday?
With a growing kid around the house, no wonder if you are in situation like that. Especially my kid is "no same meal in a raw" type... You know what I mean?
Different from my husband, he likes to have egg almost everyday for is breakfast, no matter just boiled egg, omelet, with sücük (Turkish spicy sausage).... just egg enough for him.
And this tavada böreği (borek pastry cook on pan) is now become my new list for quick breakfast idea. It's easy and fast to prepare yet freshly yummy.
As other typical turkish börek you can vary the filling with anything you like such as, potato, spinach, any kind of cheese or even minced meat.
But for easy and quick version I just use cheese and filling, optionally you can add chopped parsley as well.
Serve 4~6 portion.
- 3 phyllo sheets (for börek pastry)
- 300 ml milk
- 2 Tbsp yoghurt
- 1 large egg
- 100 ml sunflower oil
- 100 gr butter, melted
- salt and pepper to taste
- Crumbled cheese, either ricotta or white cheese
- margarine/ butter for brush the pan
How to make:
- Generously brush 30 cm in diameter pan with margarine/ butter. Set a side.
- in medium mixing bowl, lightly beat egg with fork, add yoghurt and milk, mix to combine. Stir in melted butter and oil, salt and pepper, mix well.
- Take 1 sheet of phyllo dough, generously brush it with sauce mixture then scatter the crumble cheese over the phyllo. Roll phyllo into long log, then roll into coil shape. Put on the middle of prepared pan.
- Take another phyllo dough, generously brush with sauce mixture then crumbled cheese, roll into long log. Take that log then round it encircle to 1st coil on a pan so you'll have bigger coil. Do same thing to last phyllo dough.
- Brush the surface with remaining sauce. Cook over medium heat until brown. Flip over and cook other side until golden brown also.