♥♥ When two Cultures mixed (。◕‿◕。) Everything in my Page are only simple thing, but I did it with great love.

Flaky Pie Dough


“Where parents do too much for their children, the children will not do much for themselves.”--Elbert Hubbard


Selam everybody..... Merhaba from Turkey...

My today's post is pie basic dough. I'm planning to make a pie for dessert this weekend.. I still have no idea what kind a pie I will make but surely a pie for this weekend dessert (^,^) ... long time though I didn't make any pie..

So I prepare to make this pie dough... anytime I I want to make a pie it'll just ready to go. I want flaky pie dough. And since it's very difficult to find shortening here in Turkey, so I googling recipe use whole butter, no shortening... Then I found this recipe on Smitten Kitchen... 


The recipe I took from Smitten Kitchen here. You can visit the link to see step by step pictures.

Makes enough dough for one double-, or two single-crust pies.

  • 2 1/2 cups (315 grams) flour
  • 1 tablespoon (15 grams) sugar
  • 1 teaspoon (5 grams) table salt
  • 2 sticks (8 ounces, 225 grams or 1 cup) unsalted butter, very cold 
  • about 120 ml + 60 ml very cold water

How to:

The instruction in Smitten Kitchen is using pastry cutter/ pastry blender. So if you use that also, see complete instruction Here.

I use food processor, if you will use it also like me, just make sure not to process too long.. otherwise you won't get flaky crust pie dough and end up with messy and hard pie dough.

Prepare about a cup of water fill with few ice cubes, set a side. Cut butter into small chunks ( I did it before I keep in freezer few minutes).

Put everything-except ice water in food processor. Pulse few second, stop. Check the butter chunk, pulse again few seconds if they are still in big chunk.
If all butter chunks become as small as small peas, stop the process. It's okay if you get butter crumbles among that flour.
Very slow drizzle about 120 ml cold water into processor while pulse few second. 
Transfer the crumbled dough over working table and start to gather the dough together. In this stage you might need additional 60 ml cold water, but DO IT ONE SPOON AT A TIME.
Stop adding the water when you can gather the damp clumps nicely.

Knead lightly just to pull them together. Divide the dough into 2 equal part. Lightly flatten and shape like a disk. Wrap each with plastic film.

Keep in freezer up to a week. Defrost the dough into fridge a night before you use it.
If you want to use it at same day, keep in fridge at least 1~2 hours before rolling it out.

Happy baking! (^,^)
loading...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Loving my blog? Please help me to share to your friends and tell to the world that my blog contents are valuable and interesting to visit. Subscribe or follow my Facebook, Tweeter, Pinterest or my instagram

My License

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 United States License. www.myhomediaryinturkey.blogspot.com

Copyright

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected