♥♥ When two Cultures mixed (。◕‿◕。) Everything in my Page are only simple thing, but I did it with great love.

Jagung Manis Keju (Cheesy Sweet Corn Cup)

Selam everybody..... Merhaba from Turkey

This is my kid's favorite snack.. I sometimes serve this between lunch and supper time. 
I like it also. It's slightly savory, slightly sweet and make me feel really full without being guilty (^,^) ... with reduce a little butter and cheese for me, this snack absolutely healthy.

Summer time like now days, we can meet many vendors on street selling this kind of satiated snack. But here in Turkey, the taste bit different from sweet corn cup sells in Indonesia. Sweet corn cup here simply mix the corn kernels with A LITTLE part of butter, for optional topping they let us choose ketchup, acılı sos (spicy sauce), and pomegranate vinegar. No other variation like when you visit Indonesian sweet corn vendors.

In Indonesian vendors we can have some sweet corn cup variant such as: cheese, mayonnaise, bbq sauce, milky sweet, and I don't remember else (^,^)


What I made today is sweet corn cup base on my taste with cheese topping. Of course feel free to choose your own taste and topping, it's basically boiled kernel mix with butter. For further taste and variation are depends on your liking.

What you need:
  • about 2 cups Corn kernels
  • about 3 Tbsp Condensed milk
  • Cheddar cheese as much as you liking, shredded.
  • about 1 Tbsp salted butter 
  • about 1 Tbsp (or to taste) Mayonnaise
  • ketchup and spicy sauce (optional)

How to:

  1. You can use canned/ frozen (thawed) corn kernels, Steam or boil few minutes just until soft, drain. Or boil fresh corn cob then scrape the kernels from the cob.
  2. In a bowl, mix warm corn kernels with condensed milk, butter, mayonnaise, toss to blend.
  3. Serve over a cup, sprinkle with shredded cheese. Optionally you can add some ketchup or spicy sauce and finely chopped parsley.

Serve warm immediately.

loading...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Loving my blog? Please help me to share to your friends and tell to the world that my blog contents are valuable and interesting to visit. Subscribe or follow my Facebook, Tweeter, Pinterest or my instagram

My License

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 United States License. www.myhomediaryinturkey.blogspot.com

Copyright

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected