♥♥ When two Cultures mixed (。◕‿◕。) Everything in my Page are only simple thing, but I did it with great love.

Patetes Gözleme (Turkish flat bread filled with potato)


Selam Everybody.....Merhaba from Turkiye.

Gözleme is a savoury traditional Turkish flatbread, made of hand-rolled dough that is lightly brushed with butter and eggs, filled with various toppings, sealed, and cooked over a griddle.

The name derives from the Turkish word göz meaning "compartment", in reference to the pocket of dough in which the various toppings are sealed and cooked. Traditionally, this is done over a saç griddle.

Toppings for gözleme are numerous and vary by region and personal preference, and include a variety of meats (minced beef, chopped lamb, fresh or smoked seafood, sucuk, pastirma), vegetables (spinach, zucchini, eggplant, leek, chard, various peppers, onion, scallion, shallot, garlic), mushrooms (porcino, chanterelle, truffle), tubers (potatoes, yams, cassava, radish), cheeses (feta, Turkish white cheese, kaşar, kaşkaval), as well as eggs, and seasonal herbs and spices.
Source: Wikipedia 
For making this at home you don't have to purchase giant griddle (except you already have one at home) ^,^
But at least you should have flat skillet/ tava at least 30 cm in diameter because traditionally this Gözleme has wide shape.
Mostly people here make Gözleme from phylo dough (Turk: Yufka) since we can easily find fresh phylo any where. That's the easiest way to make this savory meal. But you also can make it from starch at home. It's simply from flour, salt, and water (or you can use ayran/ thin buttermilk).  Just mix and knead all to make elastic and smooth dough then roll it flat and you'll ready to go with any filling/ topping you like.
Maybe next time I'll post making this Gözleme from starch.

But today I'll post simple Gözleme with potato filling. For other Gözleme variant you can visit my post here. 


What you need:
  • some sheets of phylo dough (yufka)
  • Potatoes, boiled to soft then mashed it.
  • Dill, finely chopped
  • Crumbled white cheese or feta 
  • salt to taste
  • pepper (optional)
  • Butter

How to:

  1. Mix mashed potato, dill and cheese. 
  2. Take one phylo dough, put filling mixture in the middle of the phylo sheet then fold each side of the dough to form square shape. 
  3. Heat a large tava/ skillet, brush generously with butter, grill both side until golden brown. Brush each side of phylo with butter during cooking process.
Serve warm immediately. Afiyet Olsun.









loading...

10 comments:

  1. I have seen these around online before and on pinterest but never have they looked this good. I am eager to try this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Michelle... you should try this too, it's simple and delicious for your breakfast or brunch ^,^

      Delete
  2. This is not something I've heard of before - sounds delicious! Added to my must try list!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. this definitely must try food Kathryn...thank you :)

      Delete
  3. oh my goodness this looks amazing love the idea of a homemade flatbread now I need to make this soon =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you Adriana for visiting my blog. This is regular food I get almost everyday here. :)

      Delete
  4. I love everything in this recipe! I get potato burritos all the time but I would love to try one with middle eastern flavors like this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would like to try your burritos sometimes... ^,^ thank you

      Delete

Loving my blog? Please help me to share to your friends and tell to the world that my blog contents are valuable and interesting to visit. Subscribe or follow my Facebook, Tweeter, Pinterest or my instagram

My License

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 United States License. www.myhomediaryinturkey.blogspot.com

Copyright

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected