♥♥ When two Cultures mixed (。◕‿◕。) Everything in my Page are only simple thing, but I did it with great love.

Smoked Paprika Roasted Chicken and potato

Hello world..! Merhaba Turkey.. Welcome April..!
Blackout in Turkey yesterday, Tuesday, 31 March 2015, because electric cut out for almost one day in almost all Turkey provinces (79 from 81 provinces). I'm living in Bursa, the electric cut about 8 AM until 5 PM... then again at 7.30 PM to around 8.30 PM.
My husband called from his office that whole Turkey has blackout so he couldn't work and would go home early.

At first, Some rumors said about cyberattack at TEİAŞ (Turkish Electricity Production Company). But according to news on local televisions, Prime Minister Ahmet Davutoğlu said all possible causes of the outage were being investigated and sabotage was not being ruled out, but said trouble with transmission lines was the most likely reason for the problem

Imagine a country without an electric... chaos everywhere... traffic light off, all metro , tramway and high speed train service stop and cancel. Police officers were deployed to manage traffic at major junctions where traffic signals were disrupted. Firefighters were also called to rescue people stuck in elevators. 

Those chaos were outside of my house... meanwhile me, husband and kid stayed did nothing but played ball inside house with our kid. No baking activity for me (^,^).. We just made simple dinner until electric brought a big smile again in our face....
I never imagine in older time before electricity being invested by Thomas Alva Edison.... What people did to their live? (^,^)
Well...that was yesterday chaos in Turkey..
Today everything back to normal again... Alhamdulillah... and I can notice that my kid didn't affected by unavailable of TV or youtube kids video from our computer at home... So I happily I can say she doesn't addicted by TV or video or any gadget.

And for today's dinner I made this smoke paprika roasted chicken, I complete it also with roasted potato. You can use sweet potato too if you like. 

Serve 4.

Ingredients:
  • 4 chicken thigh and wings (about 1 kg)
  • 4 big potatoes (about 1 kg), peel and wedged.
Spices:
  • 2 Tbsp sweet smoke paprika ( or mix with hot smoke paprika if you like more spicy)
  • 1 tsp onion powder (you can use garlic powder)
  • 1 tsp black pepper powder
  • 2 tsp salt or to taste
  • 1 tsp cumin powder
  • generous pinch dried oregano, plus for serving
  • 1/2 cup olive oil (you can use other vegetable oil, but olive oil taste better)
  • 1/4 cup water

How to:
In big bowl, mix all spices. Marinate chicken and wedges potato. Keep in airtight container or plastic bag with zipper and put in fridge at least 2 hours.
Roast them in  pre heat oven 200 C about 15 minutes, then lower the temperature at 180 C and continue roast 30~40 minutes until golden red and chicken cooked thoroughly.

Note: You can flip over your chicken and potatoes for even baking and coat them with spices during process. 

Enjoy while it's hot with salad and good slice of bread.
loading...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Loving my blog? Please help me to share to your friends and tell to the world that my blog contents are valuable and interesting to visit. Subscribe or follow my Facebook, Tweeter, Pinterest or my instagram

My License

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 United States License. www.myhomediaryinturkey.blogspot.com

Copyright

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected