It's rainy and cold week end. Spring's rain getting more often these weeks, and sun more often out off the shadow of the clouds... I just love this transition time...And after this I can see many flower blooming everywhere...and what I love here in Turkey... Tulips everywhere..!!! Colorful and just beautiful ^,^
I just can't wait to welcoming summer already...
Now I am 4 hour different only to my homeland Indonesia (^,^) It's making us easier to arrange time if we want to make video conference between us here in Turkey and my family in Indonesia.
Anywaayyyy....For this weekend dessert I make Orange roll cake from egg white. It's like angel food cake but I put orange juice in it and I roll it. And for the filling, I use my favorite orange curd. You can click the link to see the recipe. Of course you can vary the flavor of this roll cake and filling according to your family taste.
Make about 10~12 servings
- 400 gr egg whites, room temperature
- pinch of salt
- 3 teaspoon fresh squeezed orange juice and zest of 1 orange
- 200 gr caster sugar
- 70 gr all purpose flour
- 20 gr cornstarch
- Orange curd, recipe here
- Some segmented orange, squeeze the juice also
- confectioners' sugar
- Preheat oven to 190°C , lightly brush one 30x15x3 cm baking pan with margarine and line with baking paper. Sift and mix flour and cornstarch, set a side.
- In big aluminium/ glass mixing bowl whisk egg white ad salt with electric mixer until foamy. Add orange juice to egg whites; beat on medium speed until soft peaks form. Gradually beat in sugar on high until stiff glossy peaks form and sugar is dissolved. Fold in flour mixture gradually with orange zest. Fold nicely to well combine.
- Carefully spread batter into prepared pan. You can use spatula to distribute the surface evenly. Bake 20-30 minutes or until cake springs back when lightly touched.
- Turn cake onto a kitchen towel or other baking paper dusted with confectioners’ sugar. Gently peel off waxed paper. While it's hot roll up cake in the towel / baking paper, starting with a shorter side. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- Unroll cake, spread filling evenly onto cake leaving 3 cm from end edge without filling. Roll up again. Sprinkle with additional confectioners' sugar. And serve with segmented orange.