♥♥ When two Cultures mixed (。◕‿◕。) Everything in my Page are only simple thing, but I did it with great love.

İşkembe Çorbası / Turkish style tripe soup





Merhaba From Türkiye 👋

First of all, I'd like to thank you for visiting my blog. I hope you can come back, again and again, to check up on any beyond Indonesian or Turkish food or something sweets that you might love. Your comments and emails brighten my days and make this simple blog thing worthwhile 😍💛

Beside in Turkey, this tripe soup is a common meal in Balkan area, Bulgaria, Greek and eastern Europe. Made of cow's tripe (dana İşkembe-turk) cooked in terbiyeli sauce and served with garlic-vinegar sauce. Terbiyeli sauce made from mixture of egg yolk, lemon juice, garlic, and flour. 

The taste of this soup is simply fresh and comfort meal during winter like nowadays. I serve it with sprinkle of parsley and a lot of flake red chilly.... hhhmmmm.....My husband can drink this soup with one loaf of medium bread alone without anything else, he just loves it!  it's instantly become my first favorite Turkish soup as Asian person

In Bursa, there are some lokanta (restaurant) which serve only soup as their menu. Their special menus are İşkembe Çorbası and Kelle paça çorbası (sheep head meat soup) and they are remarkably good! And if you eat something very delicious in a restaurant, you couldn't ask the chef what's ingredients he putted there and how to cook it nicely , could you? (^,^) --which I sometimes do to street food vendor..with a joke of course. Sometimes, they answer my question..sometimes they answer it with SMILE only (^,^)

Well, this İşkembe Çorbası recipe I get from searching on Internet, watching Turkish cooking show on TV, asking around my Turkish friend, my mother in law and neighbors (which mostly they don't cook this at home so they mostly don't have any idea exactly how to cook it ). The taste I tried to resemble as close as I can like at the restaurant. Try it, and I believe you will like it too (^,^)

İşkembe Çorbası / Turkish style tripe soup | Çitra's Home Diary. #işkembeçorbası #offalrecipe #beeftriperecipe #turkishfoodrecipe #souprecipe
Serve about 6 shares
Ingredients:
  • 1 kg of beef's tripe, very clean washed.
  • 1 bay leaf
  • 1 head of garlic--yes, it's much but it's worth
  • 1 medium onion, cut roughly 
  • half fresh lemon juice
  • salt to taste
For terbiyeli sauce:
  • 2 egg yolks
  • 2,5 tbsp flour 
  • 2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
  • 2 Tbsp thick yogurt 
For serve:
  • Red Chili flake
  • chopped parsley (optional)
  • garlic-vinegar sauce (recipe below)

How to cook:
  1. In big deep pan, cook tripe, bay leaf, garlic, onion and 2 Tbsp lemon juice in 2 lt of water. Cook until tripe is tender ,add hot water if your tripe not yet tender, the broth should left around 1,5 lt. (or you can cook them in pressure pan).
  2. Strain the broth. Discard onion and bay leaf. Separated garlic in some where else. Cut the tripe into small (around 2 cm square).  Put back tripe into broth and simmer to medium heat.
  3. Make terbiye: mashed soft garlic above (separated 2 or 3 cloves for making vinegar-garlic sauce later). Put mashed garlic on a bowl, add egg yolk, yogurt, lemon juice and flour, mix all to smooth no lump. Add about 3/4 cup broth, mix well that terbiye. Pour that terbiye to broth. Season with salt, stir once in a while until soup bit thicken and boiling. Test the taste.
  4. Make vinegar sauce: mashed soft garlic from above, mix in a bowl with half cup of white vinegar and a glug of olive oil. Keep for serving.

Enjoy your tripe soup with sprinkle of parsley, chilly flake and add vinegar sauce.

Afiyet olsun.




Follow me at Instagram; @citra_homediary
If you making this recipe, please let me know. 
Use hashtag #citrashomediary_recipe and tag me 😊 Send me some 💚

loading...

2 comments:

  1. Garlic is essential. And vinegar. Add them and the tripe soup is absolutely delicious. If you spare them, the soup is almost unpalatable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, you must serve with vinegar, garlic and lemon juice to the liking. I also add powdered chili.

    ReplyDelete

Loving my blog? Please help me to share to your friends and tell to the world that my blog contents are valuable and interesting to visit. Subscribe or follow my Facebook, Tweeter, Pinterest or my instagram

My License

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 United States License. www.myhomediaryinturkey.blogspot.com

Copyright

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected