♥♥ When two Cultures mixed (。◕‿◕。) Everything in my Page are only simple thing, but I did it with great love.

Ember-Roasted #eggplants puree with meat sauce -- #Hünkar Beğendi (Sultan's Delight)

Selam Everybody..Merhaba...

Actually is very fresh yet cold today due to snowing today, so I decided to walk out of house a little with my kid..then suddenly end up to butcher because I remembered I didn't have meat stock and I want to make something that my husband likes it's, Hünkar Beğendi

Hünkar Beğendi, literally means Sultan(king)'s Favorite. So maybe this meal was one of Sultan's favorites during the Ottoman emperor. I can not find any further literature about this meal, so if you, my readers know more about it, please do share with me here😊

Hünkar Beğendi is a puree made of roasted eggplant served with gravy meat over it. Traditionally people use lamb or goat meat for the gravy but some also using beef meat.
Anywaaaayyyyy...... this Sultan's favorite is also one of my husband's favorite also. so I call this also "Husband Beğendi" haha..... 😊

Ember-Roasted #eggplants puree with meat sauce -- #Hünkar Beğendi (Sultan's Favorite) | Çitra's Home Diary.
Serve about 2 shares.

Ingredients and how to make
For eggplants puree:
  • 4 ~ 5 medium eggplants (about 500 gr)
  • about 3 Tbsp butter
  • about 2 Tbsp flour
  • about 3 cups of milk
  • about 100 ~200 gr shredded kaşar peynir (similar to cheddar cheese )
  • pinch of salt to taste
Make eggplant puree:
  1. With a fork or knife prick eggplants all over then direct broil over the stove until tender. Peel and remove the seeds. Chopped finely the meat of the eggplant. Note: you also can broil in the oven.
  2. Heat butter over the medium saucepan, mix in flour, and saute until flour crumble and slightly brown. Slowly add in milk and cook for one or two minutes before adding chopped eggplants. Stir and cook until it slightly thickens. Mix in cheese. Salt it will be optional if you use sharp and salty cheese, so check the taste first before adding it.
For the meat gravy:
  • About 500 gr ~ 800 gr meat, cut into chunk
  • about 1 ~2 tbsp butter
  • 1 small onion, finely chopped
  • 1 garlic, finely chopped
  • 1 tbsp tomato paste
  • 1 tbsp sweet chilly paste (you can replace with fully tomato paste)
  • salt and pepper to taste
Ember-Roasted #eggplants puree with meat sauce -- #Hünkar Beğendi (Sultan's Favorite) | Çitra's Home Diary

How to make meat sauce:
  1. Heat butter in a saucepan, add meat, and cook until tender ( I usually pour half glass of water and cook the meat until the water is dry then continue to cook for few minutes until tender). 
  2. Stir in onion and garlic, saute just until they are wilted and fragrant. Add the tomato and sweet chili paste, salt, and black pepper powder. Pour about 1 cup broth or water then continue to cook until boiling.
How to serve, put eggplant puree over a plate then flush with meat sauce. Sprinkle with chopped parsley is even better.
Afiyet Olsun-Bon appetite.





loading...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Loving my blog? Please help me to share to your friends and tell to the world that my blog contents are valuable and interesting to visit. Subscribe or follow my Facebook, Tweeter, Pinterest or my instagram

My License

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 United States License. www.myhomediaryinturkey.blogspot.com

Copyright

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected