♥♥ When two Cultures mixed (。◕‿◕。) Everything in my Page are only simple thing, but I did it with great love.

Indonesian Lemongrass herb drink for chill days / WEDANG SEREH

Selam everybody....Merhaba from Turkey

Indonesia is rich of spice and tropical herb plants. You can easily find- for example -ginger, galangal, turmeric and so on in any house' yard or people plant them in a pot.
Just like my mom. She has many kind of herb plant in her small yard in front of our house in Indonesia. Next time I'll take some picture of them.

We have pandan leaves, ginger, turmeric, chili pepper, also lemongrass. They are so easily to planted and grow so fast in our tropical environment. Oh how I miss my homeland!

Few weeks ago there was a friends of mine just came back from Indonesia and she brought me some fresh lemongrass, pandan leaves also some fresh herb and spices that I couldn't find here. They are such a treasure for me!

So today I made traditional Indonesian lemongrass herb drink This 


Indonesian Lemongrass herb drink for chill days / WEDANG SEREH | Çitra's Home Diary

These two days, Bursa city under the snow. Since last Tuesday night smooth cotton-like snow pouring gently until this Wednesday evening. My house' path covered by snow. Actually that's my perfect time to go out walking and take some 'white' pictures...And after all..it's my rare moment as İ'm tropical person....but with my small princess??? İ don't think so. She was just passing her bad time a week ago with cough and cold..İ won't be selfish to do that. So we spend our time watching from windows how the sky was so grey and snow flying here and there in the air cause so windy outside....brrr..



This picture İ took Tuesday morning (2 days ago).. it's our house back path

İ wish my husband didn't have to work these days and stay with us and enjoy warm family time in this freezing weekday ..must be very much exhilarating...
Schools and some offices stated day off due to bad weather....Even İ couldn't go to traditional market for restock... İ could actually but leave my 2 years old kid alone in the house?? no way...

Well.. whatever happened to us...we should just enjoy it right? no complain..just enjoy it.. Then İ remember to make something to warm us..something to drink... İ have some hot chocolate mixture ready to make in my jar..but İ'm not in the mood to have something "chocolaty" ..so..voalla... İ made this lemongrass herb drink for me and my kid...yes she like it because of this drink not really hot spicy like ginger. it's warm our throat mildly.... Here İ write the recipe for you also if you want to make too.


PIN THIS FOR LATER
⇩ ⇩ ⇩ ⇩ ⇩
Indonesian Lemongrass herb drink for chill days / WEDANG SEREH

Make about 900 ml

What you need and how to make it's simple and quick.
  • 1 lt water
  • 7~8 stalks of lemongrass, bruised and thinly slice
  • 1 pandan leaf, make a knot or cut into small pieces
  • some palm sugar according to your taste..my husband doesn't like too sweet....or you can use some rock sugar (brown or white one)

Put everything in a deep pan with a lid. Heat over medium-high until rolling boiling, then simmer over very low heat for about 5 minutes so you can get all lemongrass and pandan flavor.
Strain into glasses and drink while it's warm/hot.

Enjoy your warm and benefit full of lemongrass herb drink..



******************************************************************************

Check my other recipes:



Wedang Ronde (Indonesian Glutinous balls in ginger syrup)


Turkish healthy drink; Sahlep (Salep).


Es Doger Tape ketan hitam / Indonesian cold drink "es doger"























loading...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Loving my blog? Please help me to share to your friends and tell to the world that my blog contents are valuable and interesting to visit. Subscribe or follow my Facebook, Tweeter, Pinterest or my instagram

My License

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 United States License. www.myhomediaryinturkey.blogspot.com

Copyright

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected