♥♥ When two Cultures mixed (。◕‿◕。) Everything in my Page are only simple thing, but I did it with great love.

Molten Chocolate Lava Cake

I think winter is really coming. Starting 3 days ago the sky was so dark and the rain never stopped falling. Although several hours stopped early afternoon, but again it poured down again during night. The temperature drop suddenly below 10 deg C. Although I've got winter clothes ready, and keep all our summer clothes back in other cupboard, but my husband were not ready to prepare our electric heater. So..I got cold and felt pain in my back. Just lay down and watch TV for few days, order dinner outside.. it was terrible for me. My emotion was swung up and down-- I didn't know why.. something change on me..

Well, anyway today I'm a bit better, my back pain eased although my flu and fever still remain. Before few days ago I was planning to make a yummy dessert for dinner as my hubby requested ...but did not have any idea at all until I saw one of my friend's upload lava chocolate cake on her facebook from one of the restaurants in Istanbul. So .. why don't I make it too? and voallaa ... here's my "homemade" molten chocolate lava cake.

 serve 4~6


Ingredients:
 3 tablespoons flour
 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
 3 egg yolks
 2 egg whites
 90 grams (± 6 tablespoons) butter, plus for grease molds
 1 cup chocolate chips (I use dark chocolate chips)
 ¼ tsp fine salt
 Icing sugar for topping (optional)


Method:
1) Grease 4 muffin mold/ramekins or  5 ~ 6 silicon mold with butter and lightly sprinkle with flour. Set aside
2) Preheat oven at 200 ⁰ C. Melt chocolate chips, butter and salt in microwave or using double boil, stir occasionally so everything fully melt and blended perfectly.Remove from the double boil and let cool slightly.
3) Meanwhile, beat eggs and sugar until pale and very thick. Fold in melted chocolate. Then sift in flour , fold just until blended. Pour into molds. Store in refrigerator ± 5 minutes.
4) After ± 5 minutes, immediately put in oven and bake for 10 minutes. Immediately remove from the oven.
Note: try not to over bake, maximum baking time only 13 minutes.
5) Serve warm with mold, or unmold the cake onto a serving plate. Sprinkle with icing sugar if desired.



Bon apetite.

















loading...

10 comments:

  1. I'm sory to hear about ur back pain citra and glad to know that u're now better :)
    rainy - autumn and winter is my fav season of all, but sometimes the extreme weather is the body can't handle while the feeling want the atmosfer :(
    I hope this year we all can "enjoy" the weather, and nothing bad to happen...
    second,
    Tq for sharing the recipe with us!
    I been searching an try maybe more than 10 times this kind of recipe but none of them work!
    thx again citra... u're the best - always!
    good looking lava cake over there sweetie ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Elies_LieTerima kasih Dear Elies..maybe I just need more exercise to increase my body imune ^,^
    Oh ya, one more tip for U: I use two kind of mold (glass mold and silicon mold--kinda experience ) at same time. If you are using silicon, you won't need baking time more than 10 menit, otherwise, the cake will bake completely inside so the "molten lava" won't be create.
    If you use glass mold, maybe you'll need bake them around 13 mnt to make "out side" cake become crusty with inside still melting.. semoga berhasil dengan resep ini ya... ^,^

    ReplyDelete
  3. This cake does look delicious and I am glad you are feeling better. Perhaps the cake had something to do with it-rich decadent chocolate can be just what the doctor ordered. I make this for special occasions, but it is on my favorites list. Lovely pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to heared you feel better,,,what a great elegant dessert,,,sound rich delicious.
    Ridwan

    ReplyDelete
  5. i' not sure if my original comment went thru, so writing it again! i LOVe molten chocolate cake. i've always wanted to try making it! one day perhaps!

    ps - did you know that you have alot of advertisement pop-ups on your site??

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Juniahi Junia.. thank U for ur notification. I didn't know that those adv pop up come again, last time my friend told me same thing, but I removed it right away.. I'll check why it appear again. thx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Citra-I absolutely love your chocolate molten lava cake. Love the ooey-gooey chocolate sauce oozing out of the cake.
    I am totally drooling here, too bad it's getting late here now...can't whip up a batch. Recipe is perfect. The little cake forms are festive looking!
    Hugs,

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mmmmm! Love your molten chocolate cake! Can't wait to give it a try. I hope you feel better soon! xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. You made these perfectly, Citra! Just beautiful...and oh, so yummy! Hope you're feeling 100% soon, my friend~

    ReplyDelete
  10. It looks so tempting! It's just asking to be eaten :)

    ReplyDelete

Loving my blog? Please help me to share to your friends and tell to the world that my blog contents are valuable and interesting to visit. Subscribe or follow my Facebook, Tweeter, Pinterest or my instagram

My License

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 United States License. www.myhomediaryinturkey.blogspot.com

Copyright

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected