♥♥ When two Cultures mixed (。◕‿◕。) Everything in my Page are only simple thing, but I did it with great love.

TAVUKLU DÜRÜM (Chicken roll flat bread) / Turkish #CHICKENKEBAB


Selam everybody...Merhaba from Turkey.

Dürüm means Roll in English. Dürüm is very famous in Turkey, I think everybody like it. Dürüm stuffed with lamb or beef şiş kebab(minced meat in skewer then roasted), some vegetable salad and typical spread sauce with a lot of  'Isot biber' (black hot pepper). This 'isot biber' which make Turkish Dürüm has typical taste, and roll in 'lavaş' (read lavash-tortila or flat naan bread look a like)
Dürüm is favorite menu in restaurant, but today I make it homemade with different stuffing. I use chicken instead of minced meat, but with same spread sauce and salad... well, I got "high score" from my Turkish hubby @(^,^)@
in here it is I share my ev yapımı tavuklu dürüm (homemade chicken Dürüm)......

TAVUKLU DÜRÜM (Chicken roll flat bread) #tavukludürüm #chickenkebab #turkishkebab #resepmasakanturki

Ingredients: 
ingredients A (Chicken kebab):
 500gr boneless chicken breasts (I use some fats also), cut into bite size
 1 medium onion, grated
 2 cloves garlic, grated
 4 tablespoons olive oil (or other vegetable oil)
 2 Tbsp Turkish spice mix (baharat karışımı) See here for recipe (*)

 Salt and pepper to taste


Replace (*) with:
 1 Tbsp red paprika powder (tatlı biber)
 1 tsp cayenne pepper powder (acıbiber)

 1 tea spoon ground cumin  
 1 tea spoon hot chili flake (or more if you like)
 1 tbsp dried thyme (or fresh, finely chopped) 
Isot biber (Black hot pepper)
Ingredients B (sauce): 
 2 tablespoons tomato paste (mixed with chili paste if you like)
 Isot biber (spicy hot black pepper flake)
 Hot red chili flake to taste 
 3 tablespoons olive oil 
 pinch of Salt 

TAVUKLU DÜRÜM (Chicken roll flat bread) #tavukludürüm #chickenkebab #turkishkebab #resepmasakanturki
Ingredients (C) Salad and other complementary: 
 Fresh (daily) Lavaş flat bread
 Onions, thinly sliced, squeezed with salt and wash clean.
 Celery, finely chopped.
 Tomato, cut into thin
 Lettuce (optional), thinly sliced
 Isot biber and red chilly flake for more on top.

Method: 
1) Mix all ingredients A and let stand min 2 hours or refrigerate overnight. Puncture them on skewers. Mix all ingredients (B)/ sauce ingredients, stir well, set aside. 

TAVUKLU DÜRÜM (Chicken roll flat bread) #tavukludürüm #chickenkebab #turkishkebab #resepmasakanturki
2) Grill chicken until done (Figure 1). Prepare a sheet of lavaş and grease with sauce ingredients (pictures 2 and 3). 
Place the mixed salad/ C ingredients above it (Fig. 4). 
Then give tavuklu siş kebab/ chicken grilled like figure 5. If you like more spicy, you can  sprinkle more with 'isot biber' (spicy black pepper flake), rolls like a long tube, better make them warm before eat by roasted them again (as Figure 6).


Enjoy while warm.
TAVUKLU DÜRÜM (Chicken roll flat bread) #tavukludürüm #chickenkebab #turkishkebab #resepmasakanturki



loading...

14 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing this delicious recipe. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Anncoo you are most welcome :) glad can be sharing

    ReplyDelete
  3. delicious looking food looks wonderful

    ReplyDelete
  4. Citra dear, I love your chicken recipe, and the way you prepared it like a kabob style. Love the spices used, and of course the flat bread.
    BTW-I am house-sitting for my daughter and son-in-law, it's their house, not mine. They are in Italy, I wanted them to see how nice I keep things up, including the two little doggies that I watch, also!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW, this is like the ultimate toasted chicken wrap. love the idea o using kabobs or chicken on skewers. :) hahah i love how this is wrapped like a sushi - putting all the ingredients in line :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Elisabeth thank U Dear. That spice I think is perfect for my kabob :)
    Ah, IC ... so they can see that you did great job for the house ya.. ^,^ Still envy :p

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow this is one of my fav dish! i hope one day i have all the energy to make :D tx for sharing btw

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Citra! This looks very yummy ... esp the bread. Do you have a recipe for the bread? I don't think I can find that here ... I'd probably have to use a tortilla wrap instead and I doubt it'll be the same.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your durum looks absolutely tempting! Definitely going to have to save this one =)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Turkish cuisine is so delicious. I love this and it's making my stomach growl. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Citra,,,this food sound delish,i see in my local grocery store about that "naan bread" so now i know , aku harus mencoba resep nya :) i never have turkey's food,so definitely i have to try.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I absolutely adore lavash! I've never had the Tavuklu Durum before, but am more than willing to give it a try because of how fantastic it looks. Thanks so much for sharing the recipe. Since it has your husband's approval, it must be excellent.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This looks wonderful! I want to eat this right now!

    ReplyDelete
  14. That looks like it would make an amazing meal. Packed with flavor.

    ReplyDelete

Loving my blog? Please help me to share to your friends and tell to the world that my blog contents are valuable and interesting to visit. Subscribe or follow my Facebook, Tweeter, Pinterest or my instagram

My License

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 United States License. www.myhomediaryinturkey.blogspot.com

Copyright

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected