If you are looking for something else for tea or coffee companion, maybe you can try this one in your kitchen, steamed sponge cake with dried fruit mixture in it. I guarantee your afternoon tea/ coffee time or just chat time with family and friends become more fun.
- 5 medium size eggs
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- 1 package (5 grams) powder vanilla
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 ¾ cups all purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons olive oil.
- ½ cup raisins or sultanas, roughly chopped
- ½ cup mixed dried fruit.
- Enough butter or oil spray for greasing bundt pan.
1) Mix and sieve cornstarch and flour, set aside. Mix raisins and dried fruit, sprinkle with 1 tablespoon flour mixture and set aside.
2) Grease your bundt pan (± 1.5 lt capacity) with butter, set aside. Fill steam pan with enough water, heat up to produce enough steam.
3) Whisk eggs, vanilla powder and sugar until pale and thick (ribbon stage). Fold in flour mixture and mix fruit. Combine olive oil, fold until evenly mixed and no lumps. Pour into the prepared bundt pan, steamed about 45 minutes or until skewer inserted in cake comes out clean.
4) Let it cool ± 10 minutes before unmold.
Enjoy with your coffee or tea.