Pretty often we make a cake or ice cream, most recipes leaving the egg whites .. Usually we only collect that egg white and put in refrigerator just until we knew already piled a lot without knowing what to do ..
Same case as me recently ..
And after searching all my recipe files special using (left over) egg white, finally I decided on this steam cake.
- 450 ml egg whites
- 1 cup caster sugar
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 ½ cup flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 tsp powdered vanilla
- 1 ½ tablespoons cocoa powder
- ¾ cup olive oil or other vegetable oil will do
- Heat water in your steamed pan. Grease a 8" cake mold with butter. Set aside
- Sift and mix flour and baking powder. Set aside
- Whisk egg white, mix in sugar bit by bit while still whipped until fluffy, add the salt. Mix in lemon juice and continue beating until stiff and thick.
- Fold in flour mixture, fold until blended . mix in olive oil, folding until well blended. Take half the dough and mix with cocoa powder elsewhere.
- Pour batter into molds, alternating between white and brown batter to make "zebra" form a pattern. Steam for 15-20 minutes or until inserted skewer comes out clean.
Enjoy your steam zebra cake with your evening tea @(^_^)@.
Check my other steamed Pandan and Chocolate marble cake (egg white) here.
Check my other yummy post:
|Red Velvet cheesecake layer|
|Steamed Pandan Swirl Spongecake|
|Swirl Chocolate Pandan steamed cake (eggwhite)|