Gül=Rose Böreğı= (Turkish) pastry. If you look at the picture below, I think you already have an idea why this meal named "Gül Böreğı"
Mostly use cheese as filling combine with dill or parsley, sometime mix with ground meat as well.
- 5 pieces of "yufka" / phyllo dough (width and has circle shaped)
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon plain yogurt
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 / 2 cup olive oil
- Enough Feta cheese
- Enough Parsley or dill, chopped
To spread over:
2 egg yolks, mix with 1 tablespoon olive oil. set aside.
- Çörekotu or black sesame seeds (if no, could be replaced with regular sesame seeds)
1) Combine and mix well: eggs, yogurt, milk, olive oil. set aside.
2) Make crumble the feta cheese , mixed with parsley or dill. Set aside.
3) Take one sheet Yufka (pyllo dough). Open wide, spread the surface with egg mixture. Fold (become half circle / fold into 2). Cut into two parts (see figure "B")
4) Take one piece of it, basting the surface again with egg mixture (figure "C")
5) Give the cheese mixture (Figure "D"). Roll up from the middle to the outside (Figure "E" and "F")
6) From these rolls, fold and roll up to a round circle (like figure G and H). Insert pastry tip below the sphere.
7) Brush the surface with egg yolk and sprinkle with black sesame.
8) Bake in oven 150 deg C until cooked (about 40 minutes)