♥♥ When two Cultures mixed (。◕‿◕。) Everything in my Page are only simple thing, but I did it with great love.

Fırın Patlıcan Kebabı / Turkish food-Roasted eggplant kebab recipe

Selam Everybody...Merhaba from Turkey.

There are so many variations of kebab in Turkey, other than "Kırmızı Biber siş Kebab" which I'd been  posted previously, there are many other types of kebab which are being everybody's favorite here. This time I try to make "Fırın Patlıcan Kebabı" or Roasted eggplant Kebab. Compared with Kebab from "Usta" (the expert) or cuisine locally here, really my cooking is nothing ... But as long as my husband said "Cok Güzel Olmus" less or more means "really nice" ... yeeaa I'm still confident  featuring Turkish cuisine creations from my mixed-culture kitchen :)


Ingredients:
  • 3 medium sized eggplants. Peel the skin lengthwise like a zebra pattern. Cut out a circular 2 ~ 3 cm thick. Soak in salt water for some time. Wash
  • 3 medium size tomatoes. Cut a circle 1 cm thick
  • 3 ~ 4 Chili Carliston (or long green peppers). cut about 3 cm long
  • Several skewers
For the sauce:
  • 1 large size tomato. finely grated.
  • 1 tbsp tomato paste. Dissolve with 3/4 cup water.
  • Pinch of salt and sugar.
Mix together all sauce ingredients.


for Meatball:
  • 300 gr ground beef (you can mix with ground lamb)
  • 1 sheet of white bread, crumbled (I use stale bread)
  • half medium onion. Finely grated.
  • pinch of cumin powder
  • Salt and pepper to taste
Meatball Mix all ingredients and form a round flat. set aside


Method:
1) Stack all the ingredients for the kebabs; meatball and vegetables, Varied and intermittent between meatball and vegetables.
2) Place in baking pan, pour with tomato sauce over those kebabs. And roast in pre heated oven at 170 deg C or  until cooked. (I need approximately 50 minutes until the eggplant is really soft and the meat done)


Serve hot with French fries , Mashed Potatoes, pilaf or bread.


loading...

7 comments:

  1. This kebab recipe is exactly what I was looking for! Looks delicious, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great, healthy idea, looks delicious!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow! That's gorgeous :) Never had this before and I'm very sorry I haven't. Looks great! Buzzed

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh eggplant eggplant how much I love thy! And on a skewer with meat and roasted in the oven.... I want some now!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just came back from Turkey and having eggplant withdrawal symptoms. Will have to try this recipe. Looks yummy.....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank U for visit my blog. Can't wait for you to try this yummy recipe :) come back soon!

      Delete
  6. Great recipe!
    Your photo and its’ source have been featured on the World Food Guide website:
    http://worldfood.guide/photo/patlican_kebabi_1563/

    ReplyDelete

Loving my blog? Please help me to share to your friends and tell to the world that my blog contents are valuable and interesting to visit. Subscribe or follow my Facebook, Tweeter, Pinterest or my instagram

My License

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 United States License. www.myhomediaryinturkey.blogspot.com

Copyright

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected