Selam everybody....Merhaba fro Turkiye
When summer came, and long vacation arriving for the family, many families used to go to picnics to many public gardens that provided by local governments in each city in Turkey.Maybe on another occasion I will share the atmosphere in the parks in Turkey when summer, really nice. They bring all the equipment from Cay damlık (traditional Turkish tea pot), up to manggal (bbq equipment) with favorite menu along them namely Kebab or köfte (typical meatball Turkey)
Many kinds of kebabs from Turkey, among others, siş kebab. Siş kebab can make of beef / lamb or turkey stabbed with bamboo or metal and burnt over charcoal.
This time I try to make this siş kebab seasoned with red parika powder (ground red pepper)or in Turkish language called " Kırmızı biber". This red pepper powder give 'ferocious' red tint but it was not hot spicy. siş kebab I make with these ingredients using turkey meat and beef.
Materials (about 10 sticks):
* 1/2 kg beef/ lamb, cut into chunk
* 1/2 kg turkey (chicken can also be used), cut according to taste.
* 5 tablespoons olive oil (or you can use regular cooking oil)
* 1 tablespoon smoke paprika
* 1/2 tablespoon cayenne pepper (to taste)
* 1 /2 tablespoon dried basil leaves (fesleğen: Türkçe)
* 1/2 teaspoon red chili pepper flake
* 1 teaspoon garlic powder (optional)
* Bamboo/ metal Skewers
Onions, large green chillies, tomatoes and vary according to family tastes.
Mix all ingredients and marinate chicken/ turkey
or meat whole night
Mix all ingredients above and apply (marinate) on the chicken (turkey)/ meat. Allow to soak. I made the night before, so it's perfect. Roasted over a coals.
Additional materials are also roasted on coals.