♥♥ When two Cultures mixed (。◕‿◕。) Everything in my Page are only simple thing, but I did it with great love.

Kırmızı biber siş kebab (siş kebab with ground red paprika/ pepper)


Selam everybody....Merhaba fro Turkiye

When summer came, and long vacation arriving for the family, many families used to go to picnics to many public gardens that provided by local governments in each city in Turkey.Maybe on another occasion I will share the atmosphere in the parks in Turkey when summer, really nice. They bring all the equipment from Cay damlık (traditional Turkish tea pot), up to manggal (bbq equipment) with favorite menu along them namely Kebab or köfte (typical meatball Turkey)

Many kinds of kebabs from Turkey, among others, siş kebab. Siş kebab can make of beef / lamb or turkey stabbed with bamboo or metal and burnt over charcoal.
This time I try to make this siş kebab seasoned with red parika powder (ground red pepper)or in Turkish language called " Kırmızı biber". This red pepper powder give 'ferocious' red tint but it was not hot spicy. siş kebab I make with these ingredients using turkey meat and beef.


Materials (about 10 sticks):
* 1/2 kg beef/ lamb, cut into chunk
* 1/2 kg turkey (chicken can also be used), cut according to taste.
* 5 tablespoons olive oil (or you can use regular cooking oil)
* 1 tablespoon smoke paprika

* 1/2 tablespoon cayenne pepper (to taste)
* 1 /2 tablespoon dried basil leaves (fesleğen: Türkçe)
* 1/2 teaspoon red chili pepper flake

* 1 teaspoon garlic powder (optional)

* Bamboo/ metal Skewers 

Additional:
Onions, large green chillies, tomatoes and vary according to family tastes.



Mix all ingredients and marinate chicken/ turkey
or meat whole night
 How to make:
Mix all ingredients above and apply (marinate) on the chicken (turkey)/ meat. Allow to soak. I made the night before, so it's perfect. Roasted over a coals.
Additional materials are also roasted on coals.



Enjoy it while it's hot. I'm thinking to gather family picnic soon with this :D





loading...

3 comments:

  1. mmmmm! They look great! I always use two different meats (mixed as one) to make my kebabs. Great bbq food!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, the picture of the finished kebabs have made my mouth water! They look absolutely fantastic. I love the vegetables alongside them. The marinade is beautiful. Thanks so much for sharing this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmm... I can smell it here :) Looks wonderful!

    ReplyDelete

Loving my blog? Please help me to share to your friends and tell to the world that my blog contents are valuable and interesting to visit. Subscribe or follow my Facebook, Tweeter, Pinterest or my instagram

My License

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 United States License. www.myhomediaryinturkey.blogspot.com

Copyright

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected